Dr Jodie Housman, Clinical Psychologist and Founder, is passionate about psychology and has enjoyed working with individuals and families in a clinical, counselling and forensic capacity since 2000.
Jodie’s commitment to helping individuals and couples through psychological treatment methods to achieve optimum emotional health and performance remains paramount.
Housman Psychology is LGBTIQ friendly.
- At Housman Psychology, we provide clients with psycho-education, active skills training, goal formulation, support and guidance to enhance their competence and confidence in managing everyday situations.
- Evidence based Cognitive, Behavioural, Acceptance/ Commitment and Mindfulness techniques are used to enhance and promote emotional wellbeing and encourage valued living.
- Jodie has completed a Doctor of Psychology (Clinical) at Griffith University, is fully registered with the Psychology Board of Australia (PSY0000957407) with Clinical Psychology endorsement and is a full member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS). At all times, she abides by the APS Ethical Code and Professional Standards. As part of her doctorate dissertation, Jodie designed a NEW brief flexible parenting intervention with the primary aim: to improve parental adjustment, parenting and co-parenting relations, minimise interparental conflict and child adjustment problems post separation and divorce.
- Jodie is the Senior Counsellor at the City Fertility Clinic. (Sunnybank and Brisbane City)
- Doctor of Psychology (Clinical)
- Bachelor of Science (Psychology) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (Psychology)
- Dean’s Commendation Award for Outstanding Achievement – Bachelor of Science (Psychology)
- Australian Psychological Society (MAPS) – Full Member
- Fertility Society of Australia – Full Member
- Australian and New Zealand Infertility Counsellors Association (ANZICA) – Full Member
- Member of the Sexual Health Society of Queensland
- Member of the Australian and New Zealand Professional Association for Transgender Health
- Clinical Psychologist Medicare Provider
- Accredited Practitioner Triple P Positive Parenting Program (Standard, Stepping Stones, Enhanced and Pathways)
- ASPIRE Conference: 5th Congress of the Asia Pacific Initiative on Reproduction, Brisbane
- Fertility Society of Australia: Start-up Training in Assisted Reproductive Technology (IVF)
- Surrogacy Australia Conference
- 14th World Congress on Human Reproduction
- 13th Asia-Oceania Federation of Sexology Congress
- The Brain & Anxiety: Neurobiological information as Psychotherapeutic Tool – Seminar
- The Neuroscience of Depression: New opportunities for Effective Treatment – Seminar
- The Developing Brain and the Neuroscience of Memory and Trauma – Seminar
- The Ageing Brain: Maximising wellness – A neuro-psychotherapeutic perspective
- Advanced Psychopharmacology for Psychologists Seminar
- Australian Psychological Society – Professional Development Workshop – Autism Spectrum Disorder – a Highly desirable requirement for Psychologists providing assessment and treatment services to families with a child with Autism or Aspergers.
- Australian Psychological Society – Professional Development Workshop – Raising the Standards: Private Practice Management Standards for Psychology and the Business of Private Practice.
- Australian Psychological Society – Professional Development Workshop – Treating Behavioural Sleep Problems in Children.
- Australian Psychological Society – Professional Development Workshop – Brief Premarital and Marital Assessment Interventions.
- Australian Psychological Society – Professional Development Workshop – Assessment and Treatment of Alcohol, Drug Abuse and Dependence.
- Strategies in Grief Therapy